Friday, November 30, 2007

Dane's Review: Big Coal by Jeff Goodell

So personally, I never thought much of coal. I knew it was out there and I knew Wyoming abused its vast coal resource to become a powerful state; but that was about the extent to which I diverted my brains "coal capacity" toward. It was almost an apathy thereof. But coal is much more than an old energy that once was shoveled into the furnaces of trains and barges, and in a quote from this book, "It didn't go the way of corsettes and hop hats."
Reading Big Coal AKA "America's Dirty Little Secret", reveals our dependence on this black rock is so deep that coal fuels 60% of the energy used in the US. This book goes into political aspects of coal consumption and how coal is dug up, burned, and used. It's literally outlook changing.
Definitely worth the time. GO SCIENCE!
Rating: 5Q, 3P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails