Monday, January 07, 2008

Josh's Review: Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye

The first time that I saw this book I thought it looked just about as ridiculous as the title sounded and that was that. I hemmed and hawed over picking it up for a long time. Each time I would pick up the book, read the insert on the cover, say that sounds like it would be interesting, and then put the book back down and walk away. Finally curiosity got the better of me and I picked it up, opened right to the middle and read. Well long story short I ended up reading the whole thing even though it took me awhile; I can’t wait to get home to start the second one in the series. Onward and inward. If you are looking for something that is really just off the wall, then I would suggest that you read this book. For starters, the way that Skye writes is kind of addicting and the way he writes the story pulls you along for a ride that is truly like none I have ever read. Some of the things that he writes and put in to his stories are things that I have always dreamed about writing but have been to chicken to actually write about. In a way it reminds me a little of Kafka’s Metamorphosis in whichGregor Samsa wakes up as a giant cockroach. What makes this book different for others is the outrageous things that he puts in it. Talking toothpicks, burns, nits, etc, etc, etc, so on and so forth. I would recommend this book for anyone that is tired of the old and want something a bit out of the ordinary and looking for something a bit off the wall.
Rating: 4Q, 4P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails