Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

Coffeehouse AngelKatrina wasn't looking for a reward or even a pat on the back. She just did the right thing, a random act of kindness. While emptying the trash on a cold morning outside her grandmother's coffee shop, Anna's Old World Scandinavian Coffeehouse, Katrina sees a homeless man curled up in the alley asleep. So she places a hot cup of coffee, day old pastries, and a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans on the doorstep for him. What happens next isn't so ordinary. The man shows up at Katrina's school, during an assembly and announces to the whole school that he must reward her generosity and selflessness. Not only is Katrina embarrassed but she refuses to accept the reward.

It turns out the man, Malcolm, is a messenger angel. He is between missions and can not/will not be able to leave until Katrina lets him grant her wish and give her the thing she most desires. Is this guy for real? Would you be able to refuse the charms of a cute "Coffeehouse Angel"?

Why I picked up this book: I love books about coffee and the cover grabbed me as well. This has been on my to-read list for a long time. I've probably checked it out a dozen times and never had a chance to read it. Started it this time because I was looking for something fun, easy, and light. Fits the bill and might work into a great book club.

Why I finished it: It is a sweet story about friendship, family, and forgiveness.

I'd give it to: fans of light romance, teens and adults.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails