Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dane's Review: Junky by William S Burroughs

So yeah, it's been tough cause a whole bunch of drug based novels were pushed on me right B4 the end o' school. I mean each one was interesting, but time is always an issue. TBH (to be honest), this book caught me at first but couldn't keep me, about 1/2 - 3/5 through I had to set it down because even the great metaphors couldn't make rereading most paragraphs, because they are so hard to follow, worth it.
The basic plot is about a drug abuser, named Josh or James?, (can't really remember). He was doing some pretty hardcore drugs to begin with, but honestly he doesn't seem like he's going anywhere in the end. He ends up traveling and mostly the book is about his endeavors but it just got tiring, TBH.
I really would only recommend it if you have the time to kill and can stomach hard to read literature, as all William Burrough's writing is pretty tough to read.
Rating: 2Q, 3P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails