Monday, May 17, 2010

Briana's Review: Beastly by Alex Flinn

If you are a fan of the classic fairy tales with flair, this novel is a great choice. Beastly, by alex Flinn is a modern day story of Beauty and the Beast. The main character, Kyle Kingsburry, is a boy who has it all. Money, looks, the perfect friends, the perfect girl, and power, but when a strange girl meets him, everything is turned upside down. Kyle is turned into a hideous beast, and must learn to live with himself, and must learn to see beauty from the inside. Even though the story is a romance, there is action and suspense involved! There was also a bunch of symbolism, and it really helped to see the story from the narrator's eyes!

Why I picked the book up: This was one of the TEen Book Club novels, and so I joined the club, and recieved a great book from it! I also enjoy fairy tales with a twist.

Why I finished it: Is was hard to NOT finish it the day I got the book! It was a very quick read!

I'd give this book to: Someone who enjoys the classics, or just Fiction novels. Anyone would enjoy this novel!

My Rating: **** Really liked it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails