Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Best and Hardest Thing by Pat Brisson

The Best and Hardest ThingMolly's always been the good girl.
Smart, studious, loyal, blah.
Ready for a change
with her eyes set on a goal.
New wardrobe, new attitude,
will she score the boy in her sights?

Even good, smart people make mistakes.
How will Molly handle the consequences?
What choice will she make?
Her heart will knows
the best and hardest thing.

Why I picked up this book: I've been reading a lot of books about teen pregnancy and adoption and I was interested in how this author would tackle the subject.

Why I finished the book: It is a novel written in verse and I loved the fact that the author used so many different styles of poetry. The book was fast paced and I think it did a great job with Molly's voice. The novel read like a journal.

I'd give the book to: high school creative writing and health teachers as I could see it working into both curriculum. Any "good" or "smart" teen or adult who can identify with making a bad decision and then having to decide how to respond to the consequences.

Click here to visit the author's website and learn more about the types of poetry she used in the novel.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails