Monday, June 28, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella Even if you are a die-hard Twilight fan, it is entirely possible that you have no memory of Bree Tanner. She makes a brief appearance in Eclipse (pg 569-579) as one of the newborn vampires created by Victoria to fight against the Cullens, the only one who survives the attack by surrendering to Carlisle.

This novella, or short story (178 pages), gives you a little insight into the newborn coven and what was going on in Seattle as Victoria was creating her little army. This is the only published story in the Twilight Saga not told through Bella's eyes.

Why I picked up the book: I'm a fan of the Twilight Saga so it seemed natural to read this short story about one of the newborn vampires briefly mentioned in Eclipse.

Why I finished it: I've read all of Meyer's work and wanted to see what surprises she might throw at her readers. I wasn't thrilled with the book, but it should satisfy fans who want more of a Twilight fix.

I'd give it to: Twilight fans, who want a glimpse into the vampire side of things.

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails