Monday, June 14, 2010

Alyssa's Review: Raising Dragons by Bryan Davis

Alyssa, 7th grade

This was a fast paced and energetic book that kept the reader on their toes wondering what would happen next. It took me about 3 hours to finish it because I just could not set it down.
I am a Christian and finding literature that is a fast paced fantasy, but appropriate, is hard. This is a book that no one should be afraid to read because it is appropriate and not too scary. While being scary enough to engage an older teen, it could be read by a younger teen, even down into the single digits. It was a lot of fun to read because it wasn't always sword play and fighting but it wasn't always joking around either. Even though this book is fiction, the writer keeps it just real enough that you could believe it was possible.
In "Raising Dragons" a teenage boy finds out the origin of his hot breath: He is half dragon. At school he meets a girl who is also part dragon. Together they must battle an evil slayer who seeks to kill the last of the dragons.

Why I picked the book up:: It was suggested to me by my best friend who read the series and loved them.

Why I finished it:: I couldn't put it down. It was an awesome read.

I'd give this book to:: Anybody who loves to read fiction and enjoys mideaval lore

My rating for this book:: ***** It was amazing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails