Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In His Own Write by John Lennon


"There once upon a time was a man who was partly Dave - he had a mission in life. 'I'm partly Dave' he would grownm in the morning which was half the battle." If you have never heard of the late great John Lennon you must have been hiding under an extremely sheltered rock your entire life. Former Beatle, songwriter, artist, author, and peace advocate, John Lennon was arguable one of the greatest men who had ever lived. In his 1964 book of poetry Beatles fans everywhere got a glimpse into his witty and slightly off the wall sense of humor. "I was bored on the 9th of Octover 1940, when I believe, the Nasties were still booming us led by Madalf Heatlump." The book even includes Lennon's original drawings and an introduction by Paul McCartney.

Why I picked up this book: I am a huge John Lennon fan.

Why I finished it: Lennon's charming and confusing sense of humor makes it a very quick read.

I'd give this book to: Anyone who loves the Beatles, John Lennon, or who is looking for a laugh.

Rating: *****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails