Friday, June 18, 2010

The Case of the Booby-Trapped Pickup by John R. Erickson

The Case of the Booby-Trapped Pickup (Hank the Cowdog) Hank the Cowdog is a long running mystery series by John Erickson. Hank is the head of ranch security. In this episode, Slim's truck breaks down and the loaner truck is a fancy new ride with electric locks and windows. Hank (and Drover of course) find themselves in a heap of stale air and trouble due to doughnuts and buttons. If you've never read Hank the Cowdog or if you are a fan, this episode will not disappoint. Be prepared to laugh (and to start reading your own dog's thoughts!)

Why I picked the book up: NCPL hosted John Erickson in May as part of our 100th Anniversary celebration. Erickson read part of this story, when Hank and Drover get locked in the moving truck. It was hilarious and I had to know what happened next.

Why I finished it: The audio is 2 discs, 3 hours long so it is a fast read. The author is the narrator, giving each character a distinct "voice". I also thought the songs (written & performed by Erickson) were a nice touch.

I'd give this book/audio to: tween guys, families, anyone. There were many generations worth of readers at our author program so Hank could be read by anyone.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars I liked it!

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails