Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin


Name: Krystiana Graham

Grade: 12th

Title: Low Red Moon

Author: Ivy Devlin

Werewolves, murder, romance; who can’t help but pick up this type of book? Avery Hood is a teenage girl living in a small town utterly surrounded by woods. Having recently lost her parents in a murder which left their hacked into pieces leaves her with no memory of that night, except flashes of silver. Now forced to live with a grandmother she barely knows, she feels lost in a world she can’t control, and has no desire to be a part of. She goes back to school only to have whispers following her around. And when she wakes up one morning, with a part of her hair suddenly blood red, word gets about that she’s cursed.

Cue entrance of Ben, the new kid in town. And despite all the gossip circulating about Avery, he goes to her, and tries to talk to her. You soon see a sort of relationship developing between Avery and Ben, as they tell each other more about what they’re like, what they’ve been through. Everything is going fine, until another family, who lived deep in the woods like Avery and her parents did, were murdered. Once again the blood red streak showed up in Avery’s hair, and Ben’s uncle sees it, and realizes what Avery is.

After discovering that she has a connection to the forest, Avery soon starts attempting to put two and two together to figure out who her parents were murdered by. However, the conclusion she comes too couldn’t be farther from the truth, and when the real murderer steps forward, it’ll take all Avery has just to survive.

Ivy Devlin has created a masterpiece that takes you on a journey into a world of mystery, of danger, murder, love, and that always constant connection of the supernatural. It's an excellent example of a book that leaves you frozen in your seat. With a conclusion that keeps you guessing, and yet completely satisfied, you can't help but find yourself wishing, and hoping for a sequel. Ivy Devlin-defiantly an author worth reading.

I picked up this book because: It was a book my mother had found for me, and brought home for me. Always one for a good crime/supernatural story, I couldn’t wait to start it.

I finished this book because: Ivy Devlin managed to produce a book that not only caught me hook, line, and sinker, but a book that left me yearning to read more. I’m only surprised I didn’t manage to finish it sooner, considering I’m sure I didn’t even put it down in my sleep.

I'd give this book to: Anyone who loves to read about either the supernatural, crime, or romance stories.

Rating: ****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails