Monday, December 14, 2009

Beastly by: Alex Flinn


Not another one of those princess tales that has the classical ending, with the classical twist, and with everything happily ever after. This is not one of those stories. Beastly, written by Alex Flinn is a modern day twist of the classical tale of Beauty and the Beast; however, this novel is written from the beasts point of view, and takes you step by step through the adventure of why the Beast was turned into a beast by the first place.

This beast, which was known as Kyle Kingsbury had everything he had ever wanted before he had transformed... or so he thought. He had the perfect father, the perfect life as a beautiful boy that every girl wanted to date, and every guy wanted to be friends with. The same character Kyle, who is cursed by a witch in modern day New York City, and given two years to find someone (beauty) to reverse the curse which he has.. otherwise he will stay a beast forever. Go with Kyle as he undergoes his trasformation into the beast, and the new things that he learns along the way, totally different from his original beliefs.

This novel written by Alex Flinn is a novel in which I really loved, because of the difference in point of views from the everyday disney princess belle to the beast and why his life is the way it is. I loved how the point of views change from chapter to chapter- and although I thought I knew the traditional ending I really enjoyed reading my all time favorite fairy tale with a different variation.


"I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly"


Ratings:

4P

5Q

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails