Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Steven Colbert's I Am America and So Can You


Yes folks this month I felt a bit political. While shelving books I was walking down a shelf when I saw this baby. And it called to me. It called out to me like a siren's song calling a ship to its destruction. As I picked this book up I felt intrigued. As I opened the book I felt patriotic, and as I read these pages I felt empowered. Empowered by the word the this man wrote. If this book tells me something about Colbert, its that he is pretty dang insane. But if anything it shows that he is a rebel. A man who says and does so many great things that it becomes patriotic. Let me tell you a story. There once was a boy who was constantly given rules by his father. He grew up with so many rules and boundaries that he became enraged. So when he got older, he decided to rebel against his father, and become something great. His father tried to set him straight but ended up with a slap to the face and dumb witted look. The son than left his father, and went on to make something of himself. You know who that son was? America. The greatest rebel ever known. When I saw this book I read it because it was witty, hilarious, and surprisingly true about what America really is. This book is is a good 9 out of 10, since, in the word of Colbert, nothing is perfect. I guarantee that just by opening the book you will become 20% more patriotic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails