Thursday, December 16, 2010

Briana's Review: Luna by Julie Anne Peters

Reader's Name: Briana
What grade are you in?: 12th
Book Title: Luna
Author: Julie Anne peters

When Liam was was very young, his sister and mother began to notice that something was very different about the boy. Liam had a secret life, one he only shared with his sister Regan, and one he only displayed at night. Liam is a trans-gender. He believes that he was born in the wrong body, the body of a boy, when all he really wants is to be a girl. Regan knows that because of his "situation" he could get hurt, he even attempted suicide once. Regan knows her brother needs to change, but when he displays himself in public, she is embarrassed by him and even says that he is ruining her life. All her life, Regan has been catering to Luna (Liam's chosen name). What happens during this trying time for Luna could be the deciding factor between staying hidden, or changing.

Why I picked the book up:: This book was the December Teen book Club book, and I was very wary about the situation of the book at first.

Why I finished it:: Once I got further into the book, I started to enjoy this story. This is a story about a girl and her brother.

I'd give this book to:: I would give this book to anyone of my friends, especially those going through a hard time. This novel exhibits one boy's will to change the way he is and would be very appropriate for all teens.

My rating for this book:: **** Really Liked It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails