Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (Caster Chronicles #1)

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)Since the death of his mother, Ethan Wate has been haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl. When Lena Duchannes arrives in Gatlin, South Carolina, Ethan realizes that he has been having no ordinary recurring dream. Lena is the girl he sees every night. Her entrance in the old Civil War town where nothing happens and everyone knows everyone stirs the fires of gossip, jealously, and disapproval. It doesn't help that she is the niece of the town recluse, Macon Ravenwood, that she drives around in his old black hearse, and dresses all in black.

Ethan and Lena are drawn together and it isn't long before they realize that the dream is only one of the connections between them. Secrets will be revealed and the world as Ethan knows it will never be the same.

Why I picked up the book: The cover! I received an advanced copy of the book but it has been on my to-read stack ever since. The library copy is always checked out and I was looking for something a little different as a possible book club selection, so I grabbed it.

Why I finished it: I felt like I was living in Gatlin. While I usually don't have time to read sequels, I have already put Beautiful Darkness on hold.

I'd give it to: people who liked City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Readers who want supernatural and romance, without too much sap.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

Visit the authors' website and listen to a clip of "Sixteen Moons".
Check out the publisher's website as well. They include a map of Gatlin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails