Friday, July 01, 2011

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

What Happened to GoodbyeHave you ever wondered what it would be like to totally reinvent yourself? Become someone different than the person everyone thinks you are? New wardrobe, new interests?

For Mclean Sweet, reinvention is her specialty. Her parents are divorced and her decision to live with her father has created much hatred, hurt feelings and tons of lawyer/courtroom drama. Because her father relocates often for his job, each new place they land provides an opportunity for Mclean to be whoever she wants to be: Eliza, Lizbet, Beth. When it is time to move, without a word she leaves that persona behind and becomes someone different in the next place. That is until moving to Lakeview.

Somehow Lakeview is different. Mclean is making a real group of friends, including Dave, the most real guy she’s ever met. But can you trust saying hello to the first place to feel like home in a long time.

What happened to goodbye?

Why I picked up the book: I love Sarah Dessen and this is her newest book. I'm listening to it because I don't have a lot of time to just sit down and read. This way I get to listen to it as I'm driving back and forth to work.

Why I finished it: I felt like I knew Mclean and her friends. My parents divorced when I was a preteen and I could definitely relate to Mclean's struggles with her mom.

I'd give it to: fans of Sarah Dessen, readers looking for great realistic fiction, teens who have moved around a lot.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails