Monday, September 12, 2011

Little Billy's Letters: An Incorrigible Inner Child's Correspondence with the Famous, Infamous, and Just Plain Bewildered by Bill Geehart

Little Billy's Letters: An Incorrigible Inner Child's Correspondence with the Famous, Infamous, and Just Plain BewilderedThe author wrote letters to politicians, companies (like fast food restaurants & breakfast cereal companies), celebrities, and other famous (and scary) individuals using his 3rd grade pseudonym "Billy", under the guise of a class project asking for advice and autographs. The author's sarcastic quips on the responses as well as his obviously liberal biographies of the letter's recipients made me have to read several aloud. Most letters were written in the 90s-early 2000s, but he does include a recent letter to former Governor Palin.

Why I picked up the book: I found the book on a cart of just returned items and the letters on the front and back cover grabbed my attention.

Why I finished it: The book is easy to read, funny, and a great road trip read. It was fun to see which responses were form letters and which were actual replies to the questions asked. Some of the responses were a bit scary (Charles Manson and the Night Stalker).

I'd give it to: High school students & adults looking for a laugh. Some of the recipients are convicted felons & murderers as well as a few alcohol companies.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails