Monday, September 19, 2011

Night Game - Christine Feehan


Name: Krystiana Graham

Grade: 12th grade +

Title: Night Game

Author: Christine Feehan

Review: Feehan is a fictional writing genius. The author of both the Ghostwalker series (Night Game being the third book in this series) as well as the Carpathian Series, it's of little surprise that her name can be quite familiar to those who like a good mythical book. The Ghostwalker Series is a series who focus around a bunch of genetically and psychically enhanced men and women who had been the victims of experiments conducted by Doctor Whitney. Each book begins with the Ghostwalker Creed, the perfect way to get one into the mind set of the Ghostwalker world they're about to enter. Each book focuses on two individuals, a male soldier that had been enhanced, and one of the women from the very first experiments.

In Night Game, you have the first real taste of the conspiracies that are beginning to take place. Gator, the male lead of this story, is a Cajun man with a connection to sound, and his ability to manipulate it, as well as control animals. He is sent back home, to New Orleans, on his own request, to study the disappearance of a girl from his village, who's family was friends with his own. However, before he leaves, Lily Whitney-Miller (the adopted daughter of Doctor Whitney and one of the original women from the first experiments) ask him to look for Iris "Flame" Johnson.

His story begins with him focusing on the girl who he originally is searching for, before he runs into Flame, and soon he finds himself spiralling into a chaotic order of men trying to take the fiery red head, kill him, and a man who is out to destroy any who get in his way. Little do they understand, many of these issues go hand in hand with the girl that goes missing. Together, the two; Flame and Gator team up to try to solve the mysteries that are popping up. But with violent betrayals haunting both of their pasts, they must first learn to trust one another in order to save the missing girl, and keep Flame out of evil hands.

The third installment of the Ghostwalker Series is a captivating read, as Feehan once again draws her readers back into the enchanting world of evil scientists, psychic abilities, super humans, and romance. But, to find out what happened to Gator and Flame, as well as the rest of the members of the Ghostwalkers, you'll have to read the books for yourself.

Why I picked this book up: It was an accident, really, to get myself hooked on the Ghostwalker series. I had read another book by Christine Feehan and fell in love with the story, and went to see what else I could find by the author. When I got a hold of Mind Game, the first in this series, I never wanted to stop reading it.

Why I finished it: This was the first book in the series that I literally couldn't stop reading, or in my case listening to. I had gotten the playaway for this book, so I could listen to something while I drive about, however, I soon found myself taking the playaway everywhere so I could listen to this story and keep finding out 'what happened next.' It was simply one of those books that kept you on the edge of your seat all the way through so you could only keep reading.

I'd give this book to: If you like anything that has to do with experiments, psychics, and adventure, these books are a good choice for you. However, do to some of the more in depth, romantic content found in the pages, I'd say that only the elder, more responsible should really look into the series.

Rating: Four out of Five; While this was an amazing book, it is not my favorite by her; and so I can only give it a four out of five. But though it is not five material in my mind, it may be to you. So if you're interested, I say go for it, and read it. You might like it better than I.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails