Monday, May 14, 2012

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Everneath (Everneath, #1) Six months ago Nikki Bennett made a life changing decision. She became a Forfeit and followed Dead Elvis' guitarist Cole to the Everneath for the Feed. She was with him for 100 years, which was only six months on Earth. Most Forfeits lose their memories and are left to the Tunnels. But somehow Nikki survived and has returned to the Surface to find Jack, the one face she couldn't forget. She has six months and then the Tunnels will come for her. The only way around that is if Nikki chooses to be with Cole, become an Everliving, and challenge the Queen for the throne.  If you spent 100 years longing for your true love, would six months be enough to truly say goodbye? In the blink of an eye, it will be time to return to the Everneath.

Why I picked up the book: I normally don't read a lot of paranormal since it really sells itself. However I found out this one was written by the relative of a relative so I wanted to try it.

Why I finished it: It was well written, fast-paced, and I wanted to know how Nikki would say goodbye. I definitely will read the sequels.

I'd give it to: fans of paranormal romance (like Twilight) and mythology (especially Persephone). This will be a trilogy, although it is unclear when #2 Everbound will be released. Teens and adults would like this one.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails