Thursday, July 19, 2012

How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr

How to Save a Life Mandy meets Jill's mom, Robin, on an adoption website. Robin plans to adopt Mandy's unborn baby and Jill isn't thrilled about this. Jill thinks her mom is only trying to replace Jill's father, who died less than a year ago in a car accident. The father Jill is still grieving. Mandy takes the train from Nebraska to Denver to live with Robin and Jill until the baby is born. Mandy has secrets and her own share of heartbreaks. Jill doesn't want her family to lose anything else. What will happen when two teenage girls, from different backgrounds, find themselves staring at different sides of the same unknown future? 

Why I picked up the book: I am always interested in reading books where adoption is involved.

Why I finished it: Family doesn't necessarily mean the people who created you.

I'd give it to: anyone who has lost someone. 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails