Thursday, July 19, 2012

Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Lexi knows what it means to experience loss and not to be loved by a parent. Her mom drifted in and out of jail, leaving Lexi bouncing between foster homes. At fourteen, Lexi finally finds a home with her Aunt Eva in Washington after her mother's death. On the first day of school Lexi meets her soul mate/best friend Mia, who has the perfect family complete with a gorgeous twin brother Zach, father, and the perfect mom, Jude.

Senior year rolls around before anyone knows it. Because she can't afford it, Lexi won't be attending the same Ivy League school as Mia & Zach. Zach who she has fallen in love with. Jude isn't happy about this romance, especially when Zach says he wants to stay in Washington with Lexi.

But one night of fun and celebration at a pre-graduation party changes all of their futures forever. Will any of them survive the consequences of that fateful night?

Why I picked up the book: Recommended by my sister, mom, and 16-year-old niece. Possibility for high school book club.

Why I finished it: Only took me a week to read, once I actually got time to sit down and read it. Wow! I couldn't stop crying near the end.

I'd give it to: I'd recommend to high school students, parents, and anyone who works with teens. Fans of Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, and even Sarah Dessen would probably like this book.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
 
View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails