Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Know What You Did Last Summer



Name: Michelle Sherwin
Grade: 12+
Title: I Know What You Did Last Summer
 Author: Louis Duncan

What would you think if you got a letter in the mail and all it had printed on it was I know what you did last summer? For most this would conjure up images of lounging around and maybe some vacations, but for Julie it conjured up visions of a party on the mountain with some of her friends followed by the truck she was riding in hitting a boy riding a bike and then driving on. It conjured up memories of regret and remorse as a pact was made between the four of them in the car never to speak of this incident again, but that was a year ago and she couldn't imagine why she would hear about it now. Overwhelmed by this she went to her friends to find out if they had received anything else like it. Seeing as no one has talked about it they assumed it was a prank and when on with their lives. Julie had been accepted into Smith college. Helen had a wonderful job at the local news station. Ray was coming back for the summer from his trip to California to clear his mind of the incident and Barry was moving on with his life filled with secret relationships, football star and dorm life. They all had their own lives to live and last summer was far behind them, but for the person who had sent the letter there was more than that to this summer. There was much more that filled their summer. More strange things were happening to them. Someone does  know what they did last summer  and it's payback time this summer.


I found this story almost came to life with the way the author wrote it. The language and pieces of the plot made it seem very real. Relationships, distrust, love, family all of this played into the story and made the story seem like it really could have happened. I also liked the flashing back that occurred throughout the entire book because it gave a constant reminder of why they were all in that situation.  With each flashback it brought more details to light of the accident and the night that had surrounded it. Throughout this book it became easier for the reader to connect to the characters and how each one of them was affected by the accident that night.

I picked this book up because my mom got it for me and told me I should read it and while I was a little leery about it I decided to read it.
Once I started this book I  really enjoyed it. It was a good book that was fairly easy to read.

I would give this book to anyone who enjoyed suspense who done it kind of books. This book had a story line that carried very well and there was always something new to ponder. Even to the last chapter there was  a new surprise.

I give this book a *****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails