Friday, October 05, 2007

Dane's Review: R.A. Salvatore's "The Dark Elf Trilogy [Homeland/Exile/Sojourn]

Once again, my avid followers of my said "book reviews", if you're reading this one I rate this PG-13. Hazzah! Like I even read teen lit! I mean I have but still...

We all know I love magic & fantasy, and that you, the reader, love kittens & daisies. So I choose R.A. Salvatore, (Ya!); sci-fi. I'd dot my "eyes" with hearts if i could, and speaking of hearts KHII is something on my agenda. However, this story has depth, meaning, and plot, unlike my facade of a "life".

Basically there's this world, right, of magic, RIGHT!, and there's these evil elves that live in tunnels and caves called Drow. This trilogy follows one Drow, or "Dark Elf", through his mismatched adventures as his family tries to seek him out and kill him. This Drow, Drizzt, that's his name you know, flee's to the outskirts of caves trying to avoid being sucked into normal Drow society, Emo YES. The one thing about this book that doesn't kick tail, is the writing style. Bland but good material! EXCLAMATORY. Clams. Yea but basically I would say to any lover of magic and fantasy, "Look into this." IT'S GOOD!

Rating: 4Q, 3P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails