Sunday, January 17, 2010

Anything But Normal by Melody Carlson

The future looks bright for Sophie Ramsey. She's a high school senior with aspirations of attending college to study journalism. The job of chief editor of the school paper has her name written all over it. She has a great group of friends that share her love of Christ. But a secret from the summer threatens to make this year anything but normal.

Why I picked this book up: I've been wanting to read something by Melody Carlson and I'm always interested in how authors tackle a novel about teen pregnancy.

Why I finished the book: It is a very fast read. Sophie is a strong character who must face the consequences of the choices she has made. It isn't preachy or judgmental.

I'd give this book to: anyone who likes to read Christian fiction. Also anyone who works with teens (especially teen parents), has been through a teen pregnancy, or just wants a better understanding of the issues.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails