Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just After Sunset by Stephen King

Reader's Name: Carrie
Grade: 12th
Book Title: Just After Sunset
Author: Stephen King

From the demented and remarkable author responsible for horror masterpieces such as The Shining, Christine, IT, 1408, The Dark Tower Series, The Green Mile and many more comes one of his newest compilations of short stories. The stories in this book have been described as "powerful" , "provocative" "delirious", "wicked", "scary", and "brilliant". I would say these descriptions pretty much some up the quality of the short stories. Ranging from stories which themes span anywhere from entrapment to pure survival, this book is sure to provide something memorable from one of his 13 stories. It also includes exciting and unexpected plot twists that only the King of horror could think of himself. One story even takes place in our beloved (and in this case eeire) home state of Wyoming.

Why I picked up this book? Because I am a diehard Stephen King fan and my film teacher recommended it for me.

Why I finished it: Every story was too exciting for me to be able to find a stopping point and set it down.

I'd give this book to: Anyone who enjoys an excellent and well thought out plot. Also anyone who loves horror stories, Stephen King, and surprises.

My Rating: **** Really liked it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails