Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Pale Assassin by Patricia Elliot

Readers name: Kaylee
Grade: 11th
Book Title: The Pale Assassin
Author: Patricia Elliot

At the start of the French Revolution, Eugenie live a sheltered, yet lavish life with her brother. As time went on, however, she slowly began to realize that life was more than parties and lovers. Forced into a contract of marriage and with the townsfolk killing aristocrats that are not well-hidden, it becomes apparent that Eugenie must use her wit to get herself, and her brother out of France before the mob, or a pale assassin hunts them down.

I really enjoyed this book mostly because of how the characters were portrayed, and how the book was more about the individual character, and wasn't all about the historical facts alone. The one thing about this book that I did not care for, was it didn't have a distinct ending. I felt it ended at the climax, and that there was much more to be said.

Why I picked this book up: It had an engaging cover, the title looked interesting, and I saw it was set in a different time period.

Why I finished it: The book had a very unique plot, and had strange twists throughout.

I'd give this book to: anyone who is somewhat interested in historical fiction, and who does not care for generic story lines.

My rating for this book: **** Really liked it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails