Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus

Nanny Returns: A Novel Once upon a time, Nan worked for the Xes and cared for their son, Grayer. After being fired, she ranted her frustrations to the teddy bear nanny-cam. Fast forward twelve years. Nan has married the Harvard Hottie and after living in third world countries, they have returned to NYC in pursuit of the American dream. Home ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when renovations don't happen according to schedule and living conditions are worse than in aforementioned countries. But the worst is yet to come. One night Nan opens the door and is face-to-face with her past. Will she ever be able to close the door?

Why I picked this book up: I enjoyed reading The Nanny Diaries and wanted to know what happened next.

Why I finished it: I had to know if the X boys were going to be alright. I also couldn't believe all the shenanigans that the X parents and the other affluent parents pulled.

I'd give this book to: anyone who had read or watched The Nanny Diaries, teens who babysit, and fans of Sophie Kinsella.

My rating: 4 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails