Wednesday, February 17, 2010

So Not Happening


Shelby

12th grade

So Not Happening: First Novel in Charmed Life Series written by Jenny B. Jones



"Last week I was living in Manhattan in a two-story apartment between Sarah Jessica Parker and Katie Couric. I could hop a train to Macy's and Bloomie's. My friends and I could eat at Tao and see who could count the most celebs. I had Broadway in my backyard and Daddy's MasterCard in my wallet. Then my mom got married. And I got a new life"

Bella Kirkwood had it all- the most pristine friends, a father who is a plastic surgeon, and everything else that falls in between. Life seemed perfect, that is until her father traded her mother in for a newer woman, and her mother magically fell in love with another man she'd never met- SHE MET HIM ONLINE! and in less than a few years things go from perfect to insane for Bella. But the shock factor finally sets in when her mother is down the isle speaking the vows that end in "till death do we part". Bella had to get out- before everything set in, but failed miserably. She is forced to move to poduc city in Oklahoma along with some extra packages-- two new step brothers. Instantly, Bella goes from being rich A-list, to a nobody who cannot keep her head above water in Oklahoma; with farms, factories and everything else. Traveling with Bella- things are harder to adjust than it seems, meeting new friends, and saying goodbye to all that she once held so dear. Only reality and new bonds come close to helping her realize that life is more than it seems- and she has potential in the places she would never realize.


Why I picked up this book: I really enjoy reading as many new books that can come my way, and the back of the book, and it's cover looked really confusing questionable.


Why I finished it: I believe if you start a book you should finish it, and that's exactly what I did when I was on my vacation. This novel was not just filled with fashion, boys, and shock of a new life- but it had a twist of a mystery involved which made me anxious to read the next book.


I'd Give this book to: Any girl who enjoys reading, and likes a new story. this novel is not filled just filled with fashion, gossip, and suspense.. it also was a little bit of a mystery, and reminded me somewhat of a modern day Nancy Drew; except this one is for teens. I'd also recommend this to girls who enjoy reading stories about faith and being active with God.


My Rating for this book:

Really liked it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails