Sunday, March 20, 2011

Malice

Malice
Chris Wooding

Briana- 12th grade

Malice is unlike any other book I have read. It is half novel, half comic with all the same amount of suspense as a normal book would have. The story opens with a boy named Luke, who tries his hand at an old fable. Legend says that if you say the words six times, and burn the right objects, you will be taken away by a man named Tall Jake, to a different world. Luke recites the words and has suddenly dissappeared the next night. His friends Seth and Katy know that something is fishy, and try to uncover the truth about this "alternate reality" and in doing so encounter many obsticles along the way. Seth soon decides that the only way to uncover this mystery once and for all is to enter the mystery world for himself and try to save Luke- if he is still alive that is... Many horrors await the brave boys and girls who enter the world of Malice, and few ever see real daylight again- many die and are never heard from again, and the poor parents who believe that their children have run away, fear they will never see their little boys and girls again.

I picked up this book because it was for the Library's Teen Book Club, which I attend regularly- and I was interested in reading it since it was different from any other novel I have ever read.

I have not yet finished the book entirely, but I will because it has kept my attention and has been a good read. It is filled with suspense and the characters are continually trying to overcome the newest obsticle .

I would recommend this book to anyone, but it is not for everyone. I have suggested it to a few people, they have started reading it, and have not liked it. On the other hand, I know of some who have read this novel with gusto and have really enjoyed it. If you like suspense and are in need of something a little bit different, I suggest you give this book a try.

Rating: *** Good, I liked it

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails