Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
Briana, 12th grade

Just like Elkeles novel- Perfect Chemistry, we are introduced to Carlos, the middle Fuentes brother. A rough, tough, and egotistical Mexican who's got a problem with everyone is forced to leave Mexico to live in Colorado with his oldest brother, Alex. Carlos is reluctant to do anything, much less live with his brother's professor and his annoying daughter. Kiara- a level headed, recently confident girl is immediately drawn to Carlos. It might be his love for cars, one she shares, or maybe it's the hidden depths that Carlos rarely shows. Either way, they are forced to test the boundaries of love as Carlos gets tied up in a gang- something Alex tried to prevent from happening by shipping Carlos to Colorado. As this story unfolds, many secrets are revealed in this action/ romance novel.

Why I picked up this novel:
I had read Perfect Chemistry and obviously loved it, so I grabbed Rules of Attraction to see what it would be like.

Why I finished the book:
Well lets just say that it was incredibly hard to put this novel down! I loved it- maybe it was the forbidden romance, or the tall, dark, and handsome Fuentes brothers that keep me intrigued. Either way it was a great book.

Who I'd recommend this novel to:
I think this is a book that would appeal to girls more than guys because we are looking for these forbidden romances and love stories that leave us astounded. There is action- the gang affiliations and fights, but I think it's more of a "coming of age" novel. It's really worth reading is all I can say!

Rating: *****
Really good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails