Monday, May 02, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)SPOILER ALERT: If you have not read "If I Stay", do not read this review. Go to your nearest library, check it out and then return!




Three years ago, the love of Adam's life, Mia, was the sole survivor of a horrific car accident that robbed her of both parents and her younger brother. Mia spent four days in a coma and Adam asked, begged, her to stay and made her a promise he never thought he’d have to keep. But when Mia left for Julliard in the fall, she walked out of his life and never came back.

Now Adam is officially a rock star complete with addictions, anger issues, and depression. Even writing two albums full of award-winning hit songs hasn’t provided him any closure. After causing a scene during an interview, Adam's manager suggests he take an evening in NYC to relax and “get away from it all” before flying to London to start the tour. Little does Adam know that this chance to breathe will allow him to walk by Carnegie Hall and see a poster announcing the concert of the night: Mia Hall. The chance to watch Mia play, even from a distance, is enough for Adam, but then Mia invites him backstage after the show. Have you ever wondered what if and why? If you had the chance to come face to face with your lost love, what would you say? Adam is about to find out Where She Went.


Why I picked up the book: It takes place three years after "If I Stay", which I loved. Interestingly enough, this book is from Adam's point of view.

Why I finished the book: I needed closure, just like Adam. While it never occurred to me that "If I Stay" needed a sequel, I couldn't put the book down. The author has an amazing way with words and I was hooked on her sentences. It was also nice to finally read a great YA story that wasn't 300-700 pages long.

I'd give it to: fans of "If I Stay", romantics, anyone who has ever wondered what if in terms of their first love.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails