Friday, June 22, 2012

Kaitlin
11th
Keeper
By: Mal Peet
Paul Faustino is interviewing El Gato about his World Cup win. As he tells him about this life, he starts with his father's life as a logger and how he was always supposed to follow in his footsteps. When Faustino asks about how El Gato got involved in soccer, he tells Faustino the story of "The Keeper".  He explains that he was wandering through the rain forest and found a clearing when he was a teenager, and at the end of the clearing was a soccer goal. And out steps a man who is to be know to El Gato as "The Keeper". This story tells about the mystery that is "The Keeper"and El Gato. I picked up this book because my soccer coach recommended it to me, and I finished it because I  wanted to learn the truth of it all. I would give this book to any young athlete out there looking for some inspiration and fellowship. I would give this book 4 stars! ****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails