Thursday, September 20, 2012

Coraline (the graphic novel adaptation) adapted and illustrated by P. Craig Russell

Coraline Adapted from the book of the same name, Coraline is the story of a girl who discovers a whole new world behind the doorway in the family room. Coraline must decide whether she is willing to leave her “real” family for this other world, a world in which her other parents lavish her with love and attention. A world where cats speak, rats sing, and her other mother’s long spindly fingers with blood red nails aren’t nearly as creepy as her shiny black button eyes. Will Coraline choose to stay “for ever and always”?

Why I picked it up: I'm a fan of the novel so I wanted to see how this illustrator would interpret the story. (Sept 2012-We paired the book & graphic novel together for our middle school book club so we could compare them).

Why I finished it: I love the story... even if the graphic novel doesn't quite get the creepiness of the other mother's hand.

I'd give it to: fans of the book. Graphic novel readers who like horror/creepy but won't necessarily read the book.


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails