Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Leslee

11th Grade

Title:  My Sister’s Keeper

Author:  Jodi Picoult

 

This is a powerful story about the struggles of a family and the bond between two sisters.  Kate, the oldest, has been fighting leukemia since she was a child.  In an effort to prolong Kate’s life as much as possible, their parents conceived their second child through a genetic pre-implantation in order to ensure a bone marrow match.  Having undergone many transplants, operations, and hospitals for her sister, Anna is now thirteen and old enough to start fighting for herself and questioning everything.  She makes an incredible decision that has the power to tear her family apart, but we find that there may be more to this decision than we originally thought.  Full of ethical issues, love, and two sisters that would do anything for each other, this is an extremely powerful story and a real tear jerker. 

 

I picked this book up because I really like Jodi Picoult and wanted to read it before seeing the movie.

 

I finished this book because I found it impossible to put it down.  I had to know what happened regardless of how many tears it provoked.

 

I’d recommend this book to anyone who wants to know just how strong of emotions books and stories can make people feel.  This is an especially great book for anyone who has a sister, but be prepared to cry.

 

I would give this book a ***** (It was amazing!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails