Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Independence Hall (I.Q., #1) by Roland Smith

Independence Hall (I.Q., #1) Hello Q (thirteen year old Quest Munoz)!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
For the next year, you will travel across the country with your family (mother Blaze, new stepfather Roger, and new step-sister Angela, age 15) as your parents kick off a cross-country tour for their band Matched. You will live in and being homeschooled on the tour bus. You will meet new people; learn secrets, including those regarding national security; and gather information about current issues, terrorism, and historical landmarks.

You possess skills that will benefit this mission including:
being sneaky and taking pictures without detection, card tricks, knot and rope tying, and the love of fast food.

First stop: Philadelphia, PA , the City of Brotherly Love.

Determine whether those following you are paparazzi or worse. Discover what family and national secrets lie hidden in the depths of Independence Hall.

Are you ready? 

Why I picked it up: I like Roland Smith. Frontier is using this for their Spring 2013 One School One Book so I thought it might be good to use it for our middle school book club as well.

Why I finished it: It is a really fast paced story. I would have easily finished it in one night if I hadn't started it so late.

I'd give it to: Boys, for sure (although girls will like it to). Readers looking for action, adventure, and mystery.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails