Friday, January 18, 2013

Leslee
Grade 11
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
By:  Mitch Albom

This novel tells the story of a man named Eddie.  He works at Ruby Pier maintaining the rides, keeping everyone safe.  The story begins with Eddie's death on his 83rd birthday at this amusement park when one of the rides breaks down and he tries to save a little girl from a falling cart.  At the last second, he feels two small hands in his and wakes up in Heaven.  Eddie realizes heaven is not a beautiful paradise, but rather a place where you are reaquainted with five people who had an impact on your life.  Some of these people are strangers, while some have played more of a noticable role.  Each time Eddie meets a person, a lesson about life is explained to him.  Throughout the series of trials with all five people, his purpose and the meaning of his life are explained to him.  Throughout the entire novel, Eddie desperately searches for answers and redemption for his mistakes. 

I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever felt strongly about anything or anyone.  It is truly incredible and much can be learned from it.  It has the power to make you realize that everything you do matters and no act goes unnoticed. 

I picked this book up because I had heard it was amazing and my parents gave it to me for Christmas.  I finished it because I could not put it down- I read it in about a day.  It is an amazing story and an easy read. 

I would give this book a 5***** rating.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails