Friday, December 07, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Divergent #2)

Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent picks up right where Divergent ends. Tris, Tobias/Four, Caleb, Peter, and Marcus are on the train headed for Amity. Many questions and few answers are to be found. Can Tris deal with the aftermath of the simulation attacks, losing loved ones, and face the truth of her actions? What is the secret that the Abnegation leaders were willing to die for? Will Jeanine and the Erudite find a way to control the Divergent? What role do the Factionless play? Will the factions survive, form alliances, or be destroyed?

Why I picked up the book: I normally don't pick up sequels but I *HAD* to know what happened next.

Why I finished it: Even though there is a lot of fighting and confusing in the middle of the book, it keeps pulling you along. As the reader you want to know what the secret is and if it is revealed or lost. The last page cliffhanger left me wanting to throw the book at the wall. Now to wait until Fall 2013 for an ending.

I'd give the book to: Fans of Divergent, Hunger Games, Maze Runner, and Twilight.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails