Thursday, December 13, 2012

Kaitlin
Fiela's Child
By:  Danele Matthee
Fiela's Child is a book of self identification. It tells the story of a young white boy named Benjamin who was raised by a colored family during the 18th century in South Africa. One day, two men from the village come to collect information about each family for census. When they see that Benjamin is white, and is living with and calls a colored family his family, the men start to ask questions. The believe that Benjamin is a lost child that wandered into the forest at age 3 and was forever lost, nine years ago. They take him to the village for the magistrate and the family of the lost boy can decide if he is theirs'. Read the book to find out if Benjamin ever finds out who he really is. I started reading the book because my English teacher recommended it to me. I continued reading it and finished it because Matthee does a wonderful job of keeping the reader interested and throws in some unexpected twists. I would give this book to anyone looking for a easy, descriptive read. I give this book three stars! ***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails