Thursday, December 27, 2012

Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith by Gabrielle Douglas

Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith If you watched the 2012 London Olympic Games, you've heard of Gabrielle Douglas. She was a member of the Fierce Five, who won team gold for the USA and she became the first woman of color from any nationality to win the all around gold. But there is a lot more to know about this sixteen year old phenom. Learn about her siblings, her family struggles, and what she sacrificed in order to fulfill her Olympic dreams.

Why I picked up this book: I love reading current "celebrity" biographies and this looked like it would be appealing to teens. Gymnastics and ice skating are my favorite sports to watch in the Olympics.

Why I finished it: The book is very simple and a fast read.

I'd give it to: Gymnasts. Fans of the 2012 Olympics and those who want to know more about the "flying squirrel". Teens looking for a fast, easy read.

While the book was good, it lacks depth that would come from an older teen/adult. It has only been five months since the London Games so it is apparent that the book was rushed to publication.

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails