Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Kite Runner
By: Khaled Hosseini
Review by: Kaitlin
Imagine one of the worst things you can imagine happening to one of your friends. Now imagine having the power to stop it, and choosing to run the other direction instead. That's what Amir has to deal with for the rest of his life when he lets the unthinkable happen to his dear friend since birth, Hassan. This story takes place in 1980's Afghanistan during the Russian invasion. This story is about tragedy and triumph, and learning from your mistakes. It tells the tale of Amir's fight to make things right again after his horrid mistake, and the struggle that comes with it. I picked this book to read because I heard that Hosseini was an amazing author and really knows how to tell a story. I agree one hundred percent after reading his book!  I would recommend this story to anyone looking for something new to read about, or someone interested in the Middle Eastern culture. I finished the story because Hosseini is one of the best writers I have ever come across and he truly knows how to hook you. I would give this story 5 stars! *****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails