Sunday, April 21, 2013

Kaitlin
Junior
The Handmaid's Tale
By: Magaret Atwood
Imagine a world completely controlled by men. Women were given very specific jobs and that was all they did. Wives were not allowed to sleep with their own husband because any sort of love or feelings between two people was seen as dangerous and it was illegal. In this novel, we hear the story of a handmaid that is alive during the ruling of the Gilead in present day America. We learn that her handmaiden name is Offred, but we never learn her real name. She tells us the fall of the US and the rise of the Gilead and her new life because of it. Full of suspense and secrecy, this book will keep you reading! I read this book because I was looking for something different to read. I continued because I wanted to know if Offred escaped or not, and also because this awful story could one day happen for real. I would give this book to anyone who loves conspiracies or someone who is looking for something different to read. I give this book three stars! ***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails