Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door by Karen Finneyfrock

The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door Sweet revenge
Would mean
Everything to Celia. An opportunity to
Even the score and show 
The world (or at least the mean girls).

Reinvention (new look and new moniker).
Enter Celia the Dark, a new
Version, hiding behind a hoodie and chunky boots.
Emptying her feelings into a poetry
Notebook. 9th
Grade should be a new start.
Evidently not. Until

Cool Drake, from New York,
Enters Celia’s world, a
Light in her darkness. 
Instantly, he entrusts her with a secret. When the mean girls strike
Again, Celia must make a choice:

Drake’s friendship and trust
Or revenge, sweet revenge.
Oh tortured soul,
Read this book!

Why I picked up the book: I love the perspective of the cover and the author's last name is really fun to say.

Why I finished it: I could immediately identify with Celia.

I'd give the book to: anyone who can identify with being the outsider (so really anyone who has ever attended middle or high school).

Interesting article on the author's back story.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails