Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Paige Torn (Paige Adler #1) by Erynn Mangum

Paige Torn Paige Adler stays plenty busy and thought she was happy with her life. But after a year she thought her job as a receptionist at an adoption lawayer's office would turn into a counselor position. Is it possible to be too good at your job? Her bff has asked for help planning an anniversary party for her parents and then her upcoming wedding. Paige helps with various ministries at church (toddler Sunday school, teen youth groups) and has trouble finding time for her own study and reflection time. Where do you drawn the line? Is it possible to give too much of yourself in the attempt to serve God and others? Paige is torn but about to discover some answers, with a little help from Tyler, a cute Christian guy who thinks she needs to take some time for herself.

Why I picked up the book: I love this author's previous series (Maya Davis & Lauren Holbrook) and I needed something light and fun to read.

Why I finished it: I could relate to Paige. She likes to help but that could be more of a detriment to herself rather than a blessing. I liked the message that just because you are single doesn't mean you don't have an opportunity to serve God and others.

I'd give it to: fans of Christian fiction and "chick-lit". Teens and adults would both like it.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails