Friday, May 31, 2013

Underwater Dogs by Seth Casteel

Underwater Dogs In a 21st century world full of pet memes and cellphone memory cards packed of images of your dog or cat sleeping, this is a fun change. The photographer meant to capture the dogs doing ordinary things and when his muse dove into the pool after a toy, the project shifted gears. The book is a collection of photographs of different sizes and breeds of dogs, taken with the camera underwater shooting up.

Why I picked up the book: I saw it on the cart of books that were just returned and the cover drew me in. I love labs!

Why I finished it: It is cute and fun and an interesting perspective. Some of the teeth pictures were almost a bit scary. Made me wonder what I would look like underwater.

I'd give it to: Anyone, especially those who love dogs, animals, or photography. It could be paired with "Monkey Portraits" (I like to take it and see how long it takes students to start making the faces!). Teachers could use it for a creative writing class, photography assignment on perspective, etc.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails