Monday, April 12, 2010

Cool Beans: A Maya Davis Novel by Erynn Mangum

Cool Beans: A Maya Davis Novel Maya is a barista and she loves her job at Cool Beans. She's enjoying the single life, has a great dog (and great friends), and spends Sunday nights having dinner with the 'rents. But life becomes less than perfect when: Jen (Maya's roommate/best friend) starts dating Maya's high school sweetheart (and he doesn't recognize her!) and Maya's older brother (a doctor) moves back home. Is growing older the same as growing up? Why is life so complicated and can excessive caffination really be good for you?

Why I picked it up: I needed a change in what I was reading and I was drawn in by the cover (I love coffee & chick-lit!)

Why I finished it: I love Jack and kept waiting for Maya to open her eyes and see what was going on. It was a fun, fast read. I like the fact that it had a Christian message without trying to beat you over the head with the issue.

I'd give it to: Shelby, who reads a lot of Christian fiction. Anyone (teens or adults) who like to read series and has patience to wait until July for the 2nd volume.

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails