Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Carter Finally Gets It Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford

Carter Finally Gets ItWhat can I say? I laughed for hours while listening to this book. I now feel a bit like I have ADD and can't focus on writing a synopsis, booktalk, or review of the book. Carter is any & ever guy (freshman or not) I've ever met... obsessed with girls, more specifically their bodies, but clueless as to how to interact with them. Being a teenager is tough, but thankfully Brent Crawford has given readers the ability to find the humor in it.

I think the back cover of the book says it best: "Warning: This book contains lewd humor, underage drinking, illicit fantasizing, and very bad decision-making."

FYI: The sequel Carter's Big Break will be released in June 2010.

Why I picked it up: I was driving to Denver for a conference and needed something to listen to. I had heard from other librarians that the book was hilarious. I had just finished listening to If I Stay so I needed something a bit lighter.

Why I finished it: HIL-AR-IOUS! OMG! The book is great and the narrator did a perfect job of capturing and creating Carter's voice. I kept taking short trips to the store for nothing just so I could hear some more.

I'd give it to: Tyler P, who liked Twisted and The Outsiders and who I think might laugh harder than I did. Girls who want to understand why their brothers or classmates act the way they do and guys who will realize they aren't alone.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails