Monday, April 19, 2010

Beastly by Alex Flinn

BeastlyKyle was your typical good-looking, A-list, private school, rich jerk until the day he pissed off the wrong witch and found himself turned into a beast. Now Kyle's gone from hottie to horrible and has two years to break the spell. In order to break the spell Kyle must find someone to fall in love with him, truly love that person back, and their kiss will set him free. But even New York City can't appreciate someone this freaky, and to top it off, Kyle's father has sent him away. Will Kyle discover the true beauty in life or will he forever be beastly?

Why I picked this book: It is being made into a movie and someone in our high school book club had suggested we read it.

Why I finished it: It's a tale as old as time.... yet relevant to 2010. I wanted to see how the story compared to other versions of Beauty and the Beast.

I'd give it to: fans of fairy tales and romance.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails