Monday, April 19, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club by, Elizabeth Eulberg



All you need is Love right? Maybe not for Penny Lane Bloom after having her heart broken for the last time. Penny and her entire family are Beatles fanatics, and after a devastating betrayal from her first love and best friend, Penny decides to take matters into her own hands. She creates the Lonely Hearts Club, a high school club that allows herself and any other girl in an emotionally abusive relationship to rant about the male scum that populate the hallways. A deeply touching and humorous novel that includes the mending of long forgotten friendships, strengthening new ones, and finding love, this novel is sure to entertain.

Why I picked it up: I love anything Beatles related, and being an 18 year girl I have experienced my share of awful relationships and my own friends are the ones who helped me move on from them.

Why I finished it: It's witty and cute humor made it a very quick and enjoyable read.

Who I'd give it too: Anyone who loves the music of the Beatles and has ever had relationship problems with a boy.

P:4 Q:5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails