Tuesday, April 06, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Audiobook)

If I Stay (Audio CD) It started out as a great day for some family bonding. The Oregon snow canceled school for Mia and Teddy as well as Dad, who is a teacher, so Mom decided to play hooky from her job too. Since the snow has already stopped falling and no one wants to waste the day, an impromptu road trip to visit family friends and have dinner with the grandparents sets the day's events in motion. One second seventeen year old Mia is listening to Beethoven's Cello Sonata no. 3 and practicing it in her mind, the next second she is witnessing the devastation of a horrible car wreck. Mia is the only survivor and while her body is in critical condition and her life hangs in the balance, she must make the ultimate choice. Would you want to live if your whole life was gone? Would the dreams of your future and the memories of your past be enough to keep you alive? How do you decide if you stay or if you...

Why I picked up the book: I'd heard great things about the book and I was looking for something to listen to on a car trip.

Why I finished it: From the beginning you are pulled into the story. The flashbacks allow you to form a bond with Mia and her family. I had to know what was going to happen to Mia. I didn't want to reach my destination and turn off the CD player.

I'd give it to: fans of books like Th1rteen R3asons Why, teens who like music, and anyone who has ever wondered what if.
WARNING: You may want to have a Kleenex handy while you read this one!

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews >>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails