Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kaitlin's Review: In My Hands; Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer by Irene Gut Opdyke with Jennifer Armstrong

Kaitlin
10th grade
Title: In My Hands; Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer
Author: Irene Gut Opdyke with Jennifer Armstrong

This book is about the tragedy that was the holocaust. Irene was a young Polish girl going to medical school when the Germans invaded. She was forced to either surrender, or join the resistance. This book tells the recollections of young Irene and gives you another perspective on what happened to young beautiful girls during WWII. This book is about a true Holocaust hero and what she went through to save her friends.

I chose to read this book because I am very interested in the Holocaust and I can relate well to Irene and her problems because she was a young girl just like me.
I finished this book because I wanted to know what was going to happen to her after the war.
I would give this book to anyone who thinks their life is hard. They need to read this book and see how hard their life could really be all because of some crazy man.
I give this book 5 stars! *****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails